FBX or Filmbox file format was developed by Kaydara, and it’s at present owned by Autodesk. It’s useful for sharing 3D fashions, and animation particulars between totally different software program. Furthermore, it shops information like lighting, textures, geometry, joints, and animation, and it’s appropriate for animation functions and in digital and augmented realities.
FBX recordsdata are largely utilized in animation and gaming engines like UE4 and Unity. OBJ recordsdata, then again, retailer primary 3D mannequin information like geometry, faces, shade, and textures, however they do not assist animation, lighting, and rigging information like FBX. Most CAD packages assist it, and it’s a file format largely utilized in 3D printing, like STL recordsdata. So you probably have one of many greatest 3D printers, particularly those that assist multi-color 3D printing, and you’ve got an FBX file, you’ll be able to convert it to OBJ to 3D print. Along with 3D printing functions, you may as well convert FBX to OBJ if you happen to simply desire a small file with easy geometries and also you need to work with the meshes. This simplicity makes OBJ recordsdata smaller than FBX recordsdata. Under are the primary instruments to make use of to transform FBX recordsdata to OBJ.
1. Autodesk FBX Converter
Autodesk FBX converter is the primary instrument that seems on our checklist, because it’s free and devoted to viewing and changing FBX recordsdata to totally different codecs. To make use of it to transform your recordsdata to OBJ:
1. Go to Autodesk web site and obtain the model on your working system. There’s one for Home windows and Mac. After downloading, set up and launch it. Then, you will note a easy interface divided into 4 sections: Supply recordsdata, Vacation spot recordsdata, Supply file choices, and Vacation spot file choices. On the menu bar, you will note 4 major instruments:
- Add FBX Converter for changing FBX recordsdata to numerous codecs, together with OBJ.
- Add FBX Explorer helpful for looking and analyzing information in FBX recordsdata.
- Add FBX Viewer for viewing and interacting with 3D recordsdata earlier than and after changing them to numerous codecs.
2. To begin changing FBX recordsdata to OBJ, start by deciding on Add FBX Converter instrument and you will note a brand new window launching. Click on on Add to import the FBX file, and you will note it showing within the supply recordsdata window.
You may add a number of recordsdata, and if there’s one added that you simply don’t need, you’ll be able to merely choose it and click on Take away chosen.
3. To transform the file to OBJ, go to the vacation spot folder and within the Vacation spot format part, click on it and you will note varied file codecs from the drop-down menu, after which select OBJ.
It’s also possible to change the place the transformed file might be saved by clicking on the Change vacation spot folder. In the event you don’t change it, you will see that it within the folder containing your FBX file. After that, click on Convert, and you’ll have transformed your FBX file to OBJ.
AnyConv is a free on-line file converter that helps varied file codecs, together with FBX and OBJ. It’s nice once you desire a program that doesn’t want set up. It takes just a few minutes to transform your recordsdata. Comply with the steps under to discover ways to convert FBX to OBJ.
1. Go to AnyConv web site after which click on CHOOSE FILE.
2. Go to the place you have got saved your file and import it into this system.
3. Within the drop-down menu, select OBJ after which click on Convert.
You’ll wait a couple of minutes and you will note the obtain possibility showing, which lets you obtain the design and put it aside to your pc, and you may be achieved.
One other on-line FBX to OBJ converter operating on-line, and it helps many different file codecs. The method for conversion in Aspose is much like AnyConv, however the distinction is that Aspose takes a bit extra time to course of and convert the file. However the good factor is that your recordsdata are saved on their web site for twenty-four hours solely then they’re deleted. So, you don’t want to fret about having your designs leaked.
To make use of it, observe the steps under.
1. Go to Aspose web site and select FBX to OBJ within the well-liked conversions possibility.
2. Drag and drop your FBX file to this system, or alternatively, you’ll be able to double-click on it. There’s additionally an possibility to stick the URL of your file.
3. Select OBJ within the drop-down menu of Save as part, then click on Convert after which obtain your transformed file.
Blender is a well-liked free 3D modeling software program that you may not solely use for creating 3D fashions but additionally doing the conversion from one file to a different. To make use of to transform FBX to OBJ:
1. Obtain Blender from the official web site, then set up it.
2. Import your FBX file by going to File > Import > FBX, then go to the place you have got saved your file and choose it.
3. Go to File > Export > Wavefront (.obj) and put it aside to your pc.
Every of these instruments may help you exchange any FBX file to OBJ. You are able to do bulk conversion utilizing the net variations, and you should use the downloadable model you probably have web issues.
Extra: How one can Use PrusaSlicer: A Freshmen Information
Extra: 5 Methods Repair Z Banding in 3D Printing
Extra: How one can Use FreeCAD for 3D Printing
Extra: How one can Convert OBJ Recordsdata to STL Recordsdata for 3D Printing
Extra: How one can Clear and Treatment Resin Prints